By Marilette Tuliao
Source: MOD Vol XXXIV No. 1593 April 12, 2002
1/2 kilo glutenous rice (malagkit rice)
1 young coconut, grated
1/2 kilo brown sugar (caramelized)
- Soak malagkit rice in water overnite.
- Grind soaked malagkit rice finely.
- Mix grated young coconut with ground malagkit rice.
- Mold into tongue-size patties.
- Fry and mix with melted sugar.
Ingredients:1/4 kilo ground beef
1/4 kilo chicken liver (optional)
1/4 kilo shreded chicken breast (optional)
1/4 kilo medium size shrimps
1/2 cup mongo sprout
100 grams cabbage
100 grams chicharo
4 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp seasoning
1/2 clove garlic
1 piece onion
3/4 kilo miki noodles
4 cups prok or chicken stock
- Saute garlic, onion, ground beef, chicken liver, chicken breast and shrimps.
- Add soy sauce then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients except for the miki noodles.
- In a medium size pan, boil 4 cups of pork stock with miki noodles.
- Cook until noodles become tender.
- Placed cooked miki noodles in a platter and top with the saute mixture.
- Fried egg may also be used as additional topping.